Kathleen of autismherd has graciously recognized me for The Versatile Blogger award. She was recognized by the blogger at Big Daddy Autism, who was recognized by a blogger at Floortime lite mama. In order to accept the award, I have to tell you seven things about myself that you don’t already know. Then, I have to pass this on to seven bloggers that I think are great.
First, the seven (random) things you don’t already know about me:
1) Inside a plastic box is a print-out of the first novel I ever wrote. I set it aside after Ben was born, because I couldn’t make it work. Now, as I’m learning more about how to go about revising a novel in preparation for finishing my second novel (with my writing partner, Angel) I’m considering trying once again to make that first novel into something publishable.
2) This is the first year since I’ve legally become an adult that nobody has said, “You’re only [insert age]!” At 30 years old (31 next month), I think I’m finally old enough to stop surprising people with how young I am. I’m not really sure why my age has been such a surprise, but it seems my age has caught up with people’s impressions of me.
3) I have started drinking Java Monster’s Loca Moca in preference to any other coffee beverage. This is an expensive habit, but I don’t get caffeine headaches anymore, so it’s worth it.
4) I prefer my music to be arranged in an order that tells a story. I create playlists using songs as plot points or moments of character development and tell myself stories that I have no interest in writing in actual words.
5) I will be getting my very first cell phone in the near future. I am not a Luddite, but I feel no urge to have a piece of technology I don’t need. Since I am driving two hours once a week to attend my classes (and then two hours back), it’s been decided that I require a cell phone.
6) I lived on the east coast for a while and became rather spoiled regarding seafood. I especially like lobster, shrimp, and crab. Now I live in Wisconsin and you just can’t get good, fresh seafood out here without paying an arm and a leg—or at least getting a second mortgage. Someday I hope to make it back out east, just for the seafood.
7) My favorite bed was made by grandfather. He made the wood posts and attached a canopy railing around it, while my mother sewed a yellow canopy to go on top of it. I loved that bed! Now I sleep in a much bigger bed and don’t even have a headboard let alone a canopy. Though, if I had a canopy now it would be purple, not yellow.
Now something you probably do know about me (which ties into the title): I have to say the real reward for this award is discovering new blogs! I’ll be picking through all the links to add these new treasures to my lists.
Finally, seven blogs I think are great:
To Get to the Other Side by Estee
Whitterer on Autism by Maddy
Brilliant Mind, Broken Body by Kali
Aspitude! by Elesia
Aspie Rhetor by Melanie
Life with Aspergers by Gavin
And Comet’s Corner by Clay, even though he’s pretty much done with it.
Now, I have some links to check out!